Stephanie is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist specializing in individual, couples, and family therapy. She is also a Certified NET Practitioner and Clinical EFT Practitioner, offering these powerful holistic techniques to help clients take a more active role in their wellness journey. Stephanie currently maintains a private practice in Chino, CA.
With over 25 years of experience as a marriage and family therapist, along with her additional training as a Certified NET Practitioner, Clinical EFT Practitioner, Certified Sexual Assault Counselor, and Certified Trauma Response Specialist, Stephanie serves a broad spectrum of clients. Among her areas of additional study and/or expertise include Neuro Emotional Technique (NET), Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT or “tapping”), parental grief/bereavement (death of a child), and sexual assault counseling.
In addition to being a well-respected psychotherapist, Stephanie has also published a book, “Why My Child? A Clinical Guide for Helping Parents Survive the Sudden Death of a Child”, which is used to help educate professionals and paraprofessionals alike to the unique factors surrounding parental grief/bereavement.
Stephanie is an interactive, holistic-based therapist who enjoys working with people from all walks of life…whether they are simply looking to improve a part of themselves or have hit a major “bump” in the road. She believes that her clients already possess the answers they need, and she empowers them to search for their internal strengths in order to overcome their personal challenges. Stephanie’s therapeutic approach is to offer a warm, supportive environment where, through the use of complementary methodologies and techniques, clients are encouraged to actively address personal life challenges. Clients are offered a more holistic approach to mental health through the use of research-supported mind/body stress reduction techniques, which can assist clients in achieving their therapeutic goals more quickly. With compassion and understanding, Stephanie supports clients in building on their strengths so they can attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
Education & Credentials
- Master of Science, Counseling: Marriage, Family, & Child Counseling, University of La Verne, 1999
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Summa Cum Laude, University of La Verne, 1996
- Certified Neuro Emotional Technique Practitioner, NET Inc., January 2018
- Board Certified in Bereavement Trauma, AAETS, October 2007
- Board Certified Expert in Traumatic Stress, AAETS, August 2007
- Certified Trauma Response Specialist, CSUF, December 2001
- Certified Sexual Assault Counseling, Project Sister/OCJP, October 1999
Professional Affiliations & Honors
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) – Clinical Member
- Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology (ACEP) – Member
- Energy Medicine Professional Association (EMPA) – Member
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT) – Lifetime Member
- American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress/National Center for Crisis Management – Diplomate
- Cambridge Who’s Who Registry of Executives and Professionals 2006-2007 Edition – Honored Member
- Why My Child? A Clinical Guide for Helping Parents Survive the Sudden Death of a Child (September 1, 2009) – This book addresses the unique aspects surrounding the death of a child and details the clinical interventions/considerations for the professional/paraprofessional counselor.